A favorite blog, Ima on (and off) the Bima, offered these 13 ideas of how to commemorate 9/11.
- Attend a ceremony. We will be at the flagpole at Am Shalom, 840 Vernon Avenue, in Glencoe, at 7:45am.
- Give blood.
- Donate money to a political campaign. Any campaign. Being able to participate freely in the democratic process is a victory!
- Call or connect with an old friend.
- Tell your children where you were when it happened.
- Send a card or care package to soldiers overseas
- Visit a veterans’ home or hospital.
- Bring flowers, cookies, or just a note to your local police or fire department.
- Read the biographies of some of the victims of the attacks. Share them with your family or friends.
- Fly a flag.
- Read the Bill of Rights. Remember how important it is to us.
- Wear red, white and blue.
- Smile at a stranger. Try to remember what it felt like on September 12th and 13th…we all felt connected, bonded. Everyone was a little kinder, a little gentler.
How did you commemorate this holy day?