When Congregation Or Ami met at for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur services at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, we celebrated five sacred moments:
- Moment of Reflection: As we look back on the previous year
- Moment of Counting: As we count the blessings in our lives.
- Moment of Celebration: As we celebrate the creation of the world
- Moment of Jubilation: As we reconnect and recommit to the Holy One of Blessing
- Moment of Looking Ahead: As we consider who we could be (should be) in the year to come.
With prayer and peacefulness, song and story, sermon and silence, we will encountered ourselves, our loved ones, our memories and our God.
Do you feel prepared now to move into the New Year 5773?
For most of us, the work only begins on the High Holy Days. We take each day continue to reflect, count, celebrate, jubilate and look ahead.
So do the work still, as you walk ahead on the path of life. Take some time in the days to come, and ask yourself:
- How will I be blessed this year?
- Who can help make my life better this year?
- How will I helped improve the world this year?
- Where might my connection with holiness and the Holy One deepen?
- What need I do to improve my life and the lives of those whose lives touch mine?
Keep pushing forward!